Lonely Planet: The world's number one travel guide publisher*
Lonely Planet's South Africa, Lesotho & Swaziland is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Fill your days with beaches and wineries in Cape Town, spot wildlife galore in Kruger National Park, and hike past majestic mountains in the Drakensberg region - all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of South Africa, Lesotho & Swaziland and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet's South Africa, Lesotho & Swaziland:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itinerarieshelp you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tipsto save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips- hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets- eating, sleeping, sightseeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insightsprovide a richer, more rewarding travel experience - covering history, people, music, landscapes, wildlife, cuisine, politics
- CoversCape Town, Western Cape, Eastern Cape, KwaZulu-Natal, Free State, Johannesburg & Gauteng, Mpumalanga, Kruger National Park, Limpopo, North West Province, Northern Cape, Lesotho, Swaziland
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet's South Africa, Lesotho & Swaziland is our most comprehensive guide to South Africa, Lesotho & Swaziland, and is perfect for discovering both popular and offbeat experiences.
Looking for wider coverage? Check out Lonely Planet's Southern Africa.
About Lonely Planet: Lonely Planet is a leading travel media company and the world's number one travel guidebook brand, providing both inspiring and trustworthy information for every kind of traveller since 1973. Over the past four decades, we've printed over 145 million guidebooks and grown a dedicated, passionate global community of travellers. You'll also find our content online, and in mobile apps, video, 14 languages, nine international magazines, armchair and lifestyle books, ebooks, and more.
'Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.' - New York Times
'Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves; it's in every traveller's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.' - Fairfax Media (Australia)
*Source: Nielsen BookScan: Australia, UK, USA, 5/2016-4/2017